Tuesday, September 16, 2008

(Nearly) 23 23 things





For about 10 seconds I considered posting 23 images, but the boredom factor set in REALLY soon. First I saved the images and downloaded them from the pc, then I realised I could just have added the URL of the image instead, which would have been a whole lot easier. The really surprising thing is that there were 2,698,186 images found by searching "23".
I have to wonder - one of the selling points of saving images to sites like Flickr is to share them easily, which I guess is fair enough, but if they are hailing it as safe ( and long term) storage for personal images, where would that leave people if they suddenly decided that there would be charges for doing so? Would an external site necessarily be safer than your own off-site storage?

1 comment:

Anon. said...

A noble effort with the photos. Intersting idea, too. Who new you could do so many things with the number 23.
I'd encourage you to reach your original target of 23 photos. Maybe stretch it out a bit. One per post, perhaps. All of them in one post would certainly be messy.

Art! Art! Art! Oi! Oi! Oi!