Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Round and round in circles


All I wanted was my Matthew Reilly photos to go on the Wiki. Sounds so simple doesn't it! Except to browse for them from the pc required a more recent version of Flash player than we had on staff pcs, and I didn't want to install that. So the alternative was to pull them off a website. Like Flickr. (I never created a Flickr account in the earlier module - lust looked.) Setting up an account in Flickr needs a Yahoo login. WHY???? Does this mean I need to keep an otherwise useless and unwanted yahoo account active just so I can put photos on Flickr. GRRRR!. Anyway - the Yahoo login. I know I had done this but do you think I could login? Only one of two possible passwords - neither worked. SO - tried to set up a new Yahoo account. Tried 5 (yes, FIVE!) staff pcs - none would display the coded script needed to authenticate the login. Finally the 6th PC worked. So now I have a new Yahoo account. Setup Flickr. Added photos. Added link to Wiki. Took an hour to add 11 photos to the Wiki. (Not to mention many swear words.) So not worth the effort.

No comments: